Interested in this position. Reach out to us using the Contact NJAIChE page.
Section I: Job family summary
The Facilities Engineer is responsible for ensuring that all building systems, particularly HVAC, Purified Water and Utility systems are designed, installed, commissioned, maintained and operated in accordance with the company’s requirements. Particular emphasis will be on larger capital projects and new equipment installations. The Facilities Engineer III is responsible for tuning building systems to operate as efficiently as possible as well as identifying and implementing building system upgrades. Incumbent often engages outside service providers to complete tasks and therefore is required to manage the resources, define requirements and review results. Incumbent will be responsible for setting and executing long term capital strategy and budgets, identifying and running capital projects, defining scope and capital cost as well as writing and executing Capital Authorization Requests.
Section II: Essential duties and key job responsibilities and essential functions.
Identify, initiate, and execute projects that improve the facility or manufacturing processes, provide greater functionality, add new capabilities, or correct deficiencies
- Take ownership of the capital plan for Facilities, set and maintain the capital budget and forecast, and take the leadership role in running the projects within the plan
- Provide technical assessments, conceptual designs and outline specifications
- Responsible for ensuring that all critical building utility systems are operating efficiently and that the HVAC and purified water systems are in GMP compliance and in a qualified state.
- Work with facility mechanics to monitor and maintain building systems
- Work individually or within an engineering team to proactively identify building system deficiencies and opportunities for improvement
- Work cooperatively with outside engineering and construction firms to establish/communicate project timelines and milestones and drive projects to meet them
- Manage and access detailed drawings
- Complete necessary documentation such as opening deviations, performing investigations, writing change controls and writing SOP’s
- Recommend, design, prepare cost justification, purchase and install equipment and systems to meet objectives
- Supervise activity of consultants, outside engineering firms, vendors and contractors, assuring safe and proper installations to protect facility assets
- Ensure that drawings and Engineering Turnover Packages (ETOPs) are provided for all projects, and maintain the Engineering Documentation Library
- Ensure projects comply with OSHA, EPA, CT DEEP and other governmental requirements
- Responsible for observing all Company, Health, Safety and Environmental guidelines.
Duties and responsibilities are not limited to the work listed above and may include other assignments
Section III: Minimum qualifications to perform the job; specific skills, education, knowledge and job experience necessary to perform essential duties; physical requirements for job if any.
- Minimum BS degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- 7-10+ years of experience in design, installation and balancing of HVAC and mechanical systems for pharmaceutical manufacturers
- Detailed knowledge of the design, operation and qualification of purified water systems
- Experience with building systems and equipment including electrical, compressed air, water, HVAC, and waste systems
- Experience managing small and large facility installation and upgrade projects from inception to completion
- Working knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills